As a patient treated by a healthcare provider affiliated with Circle Medical, you have rights and responsibilities intended to ensure quality care.
You have the right to:
- Receive quality care within the areas of care provided.
- Be treated with respect and fairness and not face discrimination on the basis of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation or race.
- Understand the benefits and risks of the treatment proposed by your provider.
- Be involved in decisions about your health and treatment.
- Ask for a change of provider.
- Refuse any treatment or service.
- Receive treatment in a language that you understand.
- Privacy, including safeguarding your medical records.
- Receive a copy of your medical records.
- Receive a copy of and details of your bill.
- Receive a copy of this Patient’s Rights and Responsibilities document.
You are responsible for:
- Providing accurate information about your identity, your health, your history of illness and medications you are taking or have taken in the past.
- Informing your provider if you need help understanding or carrying out the treatment plan.
- Understanding the benefits and limitations of your insurance coverage if you have insurance and informing us if you are enrolled in Medicare, Medicaid or Medical.
- Keeping appointments and promptly canceling appointments that you are unable to attend.
- Paying on time any money owed to Circle Medical. Failing to pay bills or invoices may result in appointments being withheld and the termination of your status as a patient.
- Treating your provider and other staff with respect.